These studies seek to understand the properties of aerosols at a location of interest, known as the receptor site, in terms of the contributions and characteristics of emissions from different sources. In this area of research, statistical models are used to estimate the relative contributions of emissions from sources based on measurements made at receptor sites.
- Knox A, N. Mykhaylova, G. J. Evans, C. J. Lee, B. Karney, and J.R. Brook , “The Expanding Scope of Air Pollution Monitoring can Facilitate Sustainability Development” Science of the Total Environment 48 (15) 189–196 (March 2013) [online]
- Jeong, C-H., D. Herod, E. Dabek-Zlotorzynska, M. L. McGuire and G.J.Evans, ”Identification of the Sources and Geographic Origins of Black Carbon using Factor Analysis at Paired Rural and Urban Sites” Environ. Sci. Technol. 47 8462-8470 DOI: 10.1021/es304695t (2013)
- McGuire M.L., R. Y. –W. Chang, J. G. Slowik, C–H. Jeong, R. M. Healy, G. Lu, J. P. D. Abbatt, J. R. Brook, G. J. Evans “Enhancing non-refractory aerosol apportionment from an urban industrial site through receptor modelling of complete high time-resolution aerosol mass spectra” Atm. Chem and Phys. 14(15) 8017-8042 (2014) (IF 5.4)
- Jun, Yun-Seok, Cheol-Heon Jeong, Kelly Sabaliauskas, W. Richard Leaitch and Greg Evans. “A Year-long Comparison of Nucleation and Growth Events at Paired Urban and Rural Locations” Atmospheric Pollution Research 5, 447-454, doi: 10.5094/APR.2014.052. (2014).
- Healy R.M., Greg J. Evans, Michael Murphy, Berko Sierau, Jovanna Arndt, Eoin McGillicuddy, Ian P. O’Connor, John R. Sodeau, John C. Wenger “Single particle speciation of alkylamines in ambient aerosol at five European sites” Anal and Bioanal Chem (published on line Aug 2014) DOI 10.1007/s00216-014-8092- (IF 3.7)
- Rehbein P.J. G., C-H.Jeong, M.L. McGuire, and G. J. Evans “Strategies to Enhance the Interpretation of Single Particle Ambient Aerosol Data” Aerosol Sci. Technol. 46(5) 584-595 (2012) doi: 10.1080/02786826.2011.650334
- C-H Jeong, M. McGuire, D. Herod, T. Dann, E. Dabek-Zlotorzynska, D. Wang, L. Ding, V. Celo, D. Mathieu, G. Evans” Receptor Model Based Identification of PM2.5 Sources in Canadian Cities” Atmospheric Pollution Research 2(2) 158-171 doi: 10.5094/APR.2011.021 (2011)
- Rehbein, P; C-H Jeong, M. McGuire, X. Yao, J. Corbin and G.J. Evans, ” Cloud and Fog Processing Enhanced Gas-to-Particle Partitioning of Trimethylamine” Env. Sci. Technol. 45(10) 4346-4352 doi: 10.1021/es1042113 (2011)
- McGuire. M.L., C. -H. Jeong, J. G. Slowik, R. Y. –W. Chang, J. C. Corbin, G. Lu, C. Mihele, P. J. G. Rehbein, D. M. L. Sills, J. P. D. Abbatt, J. R. Brook, G. J. Evans “Elucidating determinants of aerosol composition through particle-type-based receptor modeling” Atm. Chem and Phys., 11, 8133-8155, doi: 10.5194/acp-11-8133-2011 (2011)
- Catherine Phillips-Smith “Sources of Particulate Matter in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region: Investigation through a Comparison of Trace Metal Measurement Techniques” MASc Thesis in Progress.
- Andrew Knox “Engineering Strategies and Methods for Avoiding Air-Quality Externalities: Dispersion Modeling, Home Energy Conservation, and Scenario Planning” PhD thesis 2015.
- Maygan McGuire “Characterizing the Origins of Atmospheric Aerosol through Receptor Modeling of Multiple Time-Scale Chemical Speciation Measurements” PhD Thesis 2014
- Yun Jun “Comparison of Nucleation and Growth at Paired Urban and Rural Locations” MASc Thesis 2011
- Peter Rehbein “The Characterization of Fine particulate Matter in Toronto Using Single Particle Mass Spectrometry” MASc Thesis 2010